Re: Some 8.4 changes needed according to pg_migrator testing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David E. Wheeler
Subject Re: Some 8.4 changes needed according to pg_migrator testing
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On May 7, 2009, at 12:32 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Or we could try to make the user-visible locale names
> platform-independent in the first place, a la David's not-silly-at-all
> suggestion.

Actually, what I was thinking of was using a platform-independent
locale infrastructure: the inconsistency in behavior between platforms
is astonishing and annoying. But this works as a stopgap.

Best,

David