Re: problems installing postgresql 8.0 on Mac OS 10.3.9 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From John DeSoi
Subject Re: problems installing postgresql 8.0 on Mac OS 10.3.9
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Jun 7, 2007, at 8:12 PM, jbar@es.co.nz wrote:

> Can anyone please tell me where I can get some info. to
> figure out what I need
> to do to set up a) my server, b) my Postgres user, c) the
> PostgreSQL
> configurations?

The easiest way to determine if PostgreSQL is running is to use
Activity Monitor (in Applications/Utilities). Look for a process
named postgres.

8.0 is fairly old, so if that is the latest on Fink you should look
elsewhere. If you are new to PostgreSQL, there is no reason to start
with an old version.

You can find a Mac PostgreSQL installer here with some admin tools:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pgsqlformac/

It appears to have been updated recently with the latest version of
PostgreSQL.

John

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/