MSSQL7 & PostgreSQL 7.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Mount
Subject MSSQL7 & PostgreSQL 7.0
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Just been playing with SQL Server 7's DTS (Data Transform Service) and
thought, "Could SQL load data into Postgres?".

The main idea (ok excuse as I didn't fancy doing much work this
afternoon), was publishing data on our Intranet (which uses Postgres).

Anyhow, loaded the ODBC driver onto the SQL server, played and it only
works. I'll write up how to do it tonight (as there are a few gotcha's),
but it's one for the docs under "How do I migrate data from SQL7 to
PostgreSQL?".

Peter

--
Peter Mount