RE: Crack Warez Links,,Anonymous Posting Kit,,New--Anon ymousMAIL BOMB - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Mount
Subject RE: Crack Warez Links,,Anonymous Posting Kit,,New--Anon ymousMAIL BOMB
Date
List pgsql-hackers
As usual when replying from here, replies prefixed with PM:

--
Peter Mount
Enterprise Support
Maidstone Borough Council

-----Original Message-----
From: Zeugswetter Andreas SB [mailto:ZeugswetterA@wien.spardat.at]
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2000 9:44 AM
To: 'The Hermit Hacker'
Cc: 'pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org'
Subject: AW: [HACKERS] Crack Warez Links,,Anonymous Posting
Kit,,New--Anon ymousMAIL BOMB

[snip]

For me the problem is not spam that comes to the list, since that is
indeed
not so much, but since the feed started I need a private spam filter,
which I did not need before.

PM: The amount of spam I'm now seeing has increased since the feed
started as well.

With a simple pop account is there a way to avoid downloading the spam
over my slow modem line ? That is, make it bounce from the pop server ?
How do you guys avoid private spam ?

PM: Unfortunately I don't use POP, but I do know of a few mail clients
that allows you to select what you download. There's one called Phoenix
mail which is supposed to be like Outlook Express has this feature (I've
not used it myself however).

Andreas