WARM standby with pg_standby - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Dennis Thrysøe
Subject WARM standby with pg_standby
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi,

I have a few elaborating questions in regard to setting up Warm Standby.

1) The master keeps writing WAL files even though I'm quite sure nothing is happening. This seems like a large waste of
diskspace?

2) Sometimes my slave does not read and delete WAL files when in recovery mode. This will eventually fill up the disk.

pg_controldata gives me:

Minimum recovery ending location:     0/0

What does that mean?

Is there any good ways of troubleshooting the behaviour, and finding out precisely what state the slave is in, etc.?

Thanks,

--
Geysir IT
dth@geysirit.dk