Re: psycopg3 transactions - Mailing list psycopg

From Christophe Pettus
Subject Re: psycopg3 transactions
Date
List psycopg

> On Oct 21, 2021, at 09:18, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> But yes, the biggest issue I have with it is the part that's outlined in the Warning section of the docs there --
usingit in different ways provides completely and fundamentally different behaviour in a way that can cause bad data.

> Things would be a lot more clear if the *connection* context didn't do *anything* with transactions whatsoever, and
the*transaction* one did all of it. When it comes to transactions, explicit is always better than implicit IMNSHO.

+1.  I have to say that had I not read the warning, the behavior would have taken me by surprise, even with a lot of
psycopg2experience.