Re: Speeding up replication startup/recovery - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Henry C.
Subject Re: Speeding up replication startup/recovery
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, April 13, 2011 11:16, Simon Riggs wrote:
>> seems to be chugging along at a rather sedate pace.
>
> The replication lag is zero since the master and slave WAL locations match.
>

> There seems to be nothing to expedite... why do you say it is slow?
>

> Maybe because you see this as an "initial recovery process". The
> recovery process remains active while processing continues.

I think you're right - I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I need to be a
bit more realistic, I think.  The rsync took an hour or two, which means there
are a lot of updates to catch up on (recovery has been at it for several hours
now).

Cheers
Henry