Re: Cheatsheet - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Paragon Corporation
Subject Re: Cheatsheet
Date
Re: Cheatsheet  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Guido,

Funny you should mention that.

Yes.  Actually we contracted with them to build a cheatsheet for PostgreSQL
as part of our shameless advertising for our upcoming Manning book "PostGIS
in Action" -- http://www.manning.com/obe

It will be called "PostgreSQL Essentials" and we are working on the first
draft as we speak.  Actually we are a little behind on our deadline but
should be done with the first draft in about a week.  It will be similar in
flavor to MySQL Essentials and will also show case some PostgreSQL 8.4
features and of course instead of storage engines we'll have PL languages
and snippets of each).

http://refcardz.dzone.com/refcardz/essential-mysql

Anyone interested in seeing the first draft when it comes out or being on
the review team let us know. We submitted some suggested victims off the top
of our head.  Also I believe they are looking for sponsors for the
cheatsheet, but we didn't want to announce request for sponsors until we
have the first draft done.

Sponsors I believe get a little advertising section on the last page, but
given the apparent negativity on this list of anything sounding remotely
like advertising (e.g the big EDB argument), I'm not even sure how to bring
that topic up.

Thanks,
Regina and Leo