MS SQL 7.0 to PostgreSQL 7.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ryan C. Bonham
Subject MS SQL 7.0 to PostgreSQL 7.1
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I am looking at PostgreSQL as an alternative to Microsoft SQL. I have a
database I would like to move to PostgreSQL to test how long it will take to
move files, how to best change our software to access Postgre, etc.. I have
PostgreSQL setup on a Test machine running Redhat 7.1. I have Postgre
successfully installed and I also have phpPgadmin installed and configured.
I have created a database, and a table, just trying to get use to Postgre.
My question is what is the best way to import my data from MS SQL. I
installed the ODBC Drivers and tried exporting using the MS import/export
tool.. It successfully creates the tables, but fails to import any data,
with a error stating that the relationship doesn't exist. So there goes the
easy route and MS POS tool.. What's the correct way of doing this??  Thanks
in advance

Ryan C. Bonham