Re: [GENERAL] proctitle patch (useful) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jim Mercer
Subject Re: [GENERAL] proctitle patch (useful)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Dec 24, 1999 at 04:08:40PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > i'm not overly familiar with GNU configure, so i'll leave it up to the
> > people who manage the source to figure out a clean portable way of
> > enabling the feature.
>
> If we decide this is a nice feature addition, I would like it to use our
> main PS_SET_STATUS() code rather than proctitle().

my implementation used the most expeditious method at hand.

the PS_SET_STATUS() code is likely more portable across platforms.
(although one might look at using setproctitle inside PS_SET_STATUS(), if
it is available).

--
[ Jim Mercer                 jim@reptiles.org              +1 416 506-0654 ]
[          Reptilian Research -- Longer Life through Colder Blood          ]