Re: [HACKERS] LONG varsize - how to go on - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] LONG varsize - how to go on
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> > >     Christof Petig and me then could start implementing it, using
> > >     lztext with locally  disabled  compression  feature  for  the
> >
> > I would recommand having compression disabled by default, and enabled by
> > the user.
>
>     Missed me here. I wanted to abuse lztext during  development,
>     having that only beeing considered for move off at all to get
>     the in place tuple modification going. Then add all the other
>     varsize  types  (there  are 12 plus arrays currently) to have
>     only one source of errors.

Oh, got it.  You are going to implement long tuples for only the lztext
type at first.  Excellent idea.  Did you see someone on the general list
already is asking about long tuples for 7.0?  I replied on our current
status.

Pennsylvania19026