Re: pgsql-sql-digest V1 #424 - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Dipankar Chakrabarti
Subject Re: pgsql-sql-digest V1 #424
Date
List pgsql-sql
Dear Jan,

Thank you very much for your mail.

I really require to do the change as 80% of my
functions are more than 2k.

It would be nice, if I get your help.

Regards,

Dipankar Chakrabarti
Senior Manager (Projects)
Mindteck (I) Ltd.

>> Hi,
>>
>> I am creating functions from saved in text files on
>> PostgreSQL 6.5 on linux by
>> $ psql mydb2 <myfunc.txt
>>
>> If the function is large ( more than say 50 lines)
or
 >  Maybe the functions text portion exceeds 2K?
>   There  is  an  index on functions source text in
version 6.5. >  It's totally useless, left over from the history.Now  there  > is  some problem with btree indices when
the
items exceed 2K,  > that can crash the backend.
  > I've removed this index in the actual 7.0 tree.
It's  not  a  > trivial   task   and   requires   an  initdb  runafter  the >  modification. If you want to give it a
try,I

might help  you  > to do it.