Re: [HACKERS] CORBA STATUS - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: [HACKERS] CORBA STATUS
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
The Hermit Hacker wrote: >> Is there any reason configure couldn't handle this? > >As simple as a '--with-corba=mico'
configureoption ... or, I would think?

>From the point of view of a package maintainer, I would much prefer a
solution that separated the choice of Orb from the main build.

If the choice goes into configure, I will have to pick a single Orb and
build the Debian package for that, or else make packages for every
Orb that Debian supports.  It would be better if I could build a generic
Orb-enabled PostgreSQL and produce a little pg-orb connection library
for each Debian-supported Orb.

--      Vote against SPAM: http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/                ========================================
Isle of Wight                              http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver              PGP key from public servers; key
ID32B8FAA1                ========================================    "But thanks be to God, which giveth us the
victory     through our Lord Jesus Christ."                                  I Corinthians 15:57