Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL 6.5.3 built, but not released ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brian Hirt
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL 6.5.3 built, but not released ...
Date
Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL 6.5.3 built, but not released ...  (The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 03, 1999 at 09:50:09PM -0400, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> Can someone else take a quick peak at the tarball before we release it,
> just to make sure that nothing is missing?  Its in the normal place, but
> haven't announced it yet...

I downloaded, compiled and installed with no problem and a RedHat 6.0/x86
machine.  One thing I noticed is that the PG_SUBVERSION string is still
reporting 1.  I was confused for a minute when the program reported itself
as 6.5.1.  I thought the installation failed or something like that.  I
checked postgresql-6.5.3/src/include/version.h.in and sure enough, it's
defined a 6.5.1   If this is intentional, I'll slap myself for you.

[root@loopy]# /usr/bin/psql basement
Welcome to the POSTGRESQL interactive sql monitor: Please read the file COPYRIGHT for copyright terms of POSTGRESQL
[PostgreSQL 6.5.1 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc egcs-2.91.66]
  type \? for help on slash commands  type \q to quit  type \g or terminate with semicolon to execute queryYou are
currentlyconnected to the database: basement

basement=>

--
The world's most ambitious and comprehensive PC game database project.
                     http://www.mobygames.com