Re: [SQL] Can VACUUM, but cannot do VACUUM ANALYZE - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Albert REINER
Subject Re: [SQL] Can VACUUM, but cannot do VACUUM ANALYZE
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Sun, Oct 24, 1999 at 01:31:06PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Albert REINER" <areiner@tph.tuwien.ac.at> writes:
> at 2.0.36 --- and Postgres depends heavily on semaphores.  However,
> I wouldn't really expect that to be a problem unless you were running
> several backends concurrently.  It wasn't clear if you had other
> things going on besides the VACUUM or not.

No, just the vacuum.

> I forgot to mention yesterday: if you track down the vacuum error
> message as I suggested, and it's something about "can't destroy
> lock file", then you just need to update to 6.5.2 and the problem
> should go away.  If it's something else then more investigation
> will be needed.

Thank you for this help. I'll try as soon as possible.

By the way, is this problem likely to affect data integrity or the
basic functioning of the database? As far as I understand, the
vacuum-analyze failure only means that some queries are slower than
necessary, or not?

Bye,

Albert.

Albert Reiner                                   <areiner@tph.tuwien.ac.at>
Deutsch       *       English       *       Esperanto       *       Latine