Re: [DOCS] Re: [HACKERS] Outline for PostgreSQL book - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [DOCS] Re: [HACKERS] Outline for PostgreSQL book
Date
List pgsql-hackers
[Charset KOI8-R unsupported, filtering to ASCII...]

> On 13-Oct-99 Vince Vielhaber wrote:
> >
> > On 13-Oct-99 Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> 2BOOK Authors:
> Please, try to keep rights for translating this book into another
> languages by you self, not by publisher.
>

> I may ask some St.Pitersburg's publishing company
> to make russian translation of this book, but some publishers
> like O'Reilly have too hard license policy
> and too long reaction time.

FYI, I just did bibliography, and got:

  (a) The Practical SQL Handbook, Bowman et al., Addison Wesley
  (b) Web Development with PHP and PostgreSQL, \ldots{}, Addison Wesley
  (c) A Guide to The SQL Standard, C.J. Date, Addison Wesley
  (d) An Introduction to Database Systems, C.J. Date, Addison Wesley
  (e) SQL For Smarties, Joe Celko, Morgan, Kaufmann

Looks like Addision Wesley is the winner.