Re: [HACKERS] Crisp text editor - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Robinson
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Crisp text editor
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian writes:

>I have been using MicroEmacs for 9 years, and have been looking for a
>nice X editor.  I looked at Xemacs(too complex to configure), and some
>others, but they did not have the required features.  I like a powerful
>search/replace, tags support, macro support, as-you-type syntax
>colorization with user-definable languages, keyboard recording/playback,
>etc.

Sounds like gvim meets all your requirements, and more (e.g., you can
script it in Perl, Python, or TCL).  The author encourages donations to
an orphanage in Uganda, but other than that, it's free.

>It is being actively developed by someone in England.  I have found a
>few bugs, and they are working on them now.

So far, gvim is bug-free for me.
-Michael Robinson