bug report - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Nikolay Grigoriev
Subject bug report
Date
List pgsql-bugs
                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name        :    Nikolay Grigoriev
Your email address    : nick@aanet.ru

System Configuration
---------------------
  Architecture (example: Intel Pentium)      : Intel Pentium

  Operating System (example: Linux 2.0.26 ELF)     : Linux 2.2.5 ELF

  PostgreSQL version (example: PostgreSQL-6.5.1):   PostgreSQL-6.5.1

  Compiler used (example:  gcc 2.8.0)        : gcc 2.95

postmaster crashes when  I'm trying to create following very simple table
in empty database :

create table users (
    email                varchar(40) not null,
    lastname        varchar(60) not null,
    firstname        varchar(30) not null,
    middlename    varchar(40),
    address            varchar(80) not null,
    city                varchar(40) not null,
    region            varchar(60) not null,
    index                char(6) not null,
    phone                varchar(15) not null,
    sex                    char(1) not null,
    infosrc            int2,
    purpose            char(1) not null default 'p',
    age                    int2,
    nickname        char(16) not null primary key,
    password        char(16) not null,
    cquestion        varchar(120),
    right_answ    varchar(60)

);

    Under Postgres 6.4 it works.

Please describe a way to repeat the problem.   Please try to provide a

    On my system it crashes instantly when creating such (big?) table. I tried to
recreate some my old databases, postmaster crashes too. But if I remove some
attributes from this table (for example last 4..5) the table will be succesfully
created.

If you know how this problem might be fixed, list the solution below:

--
   Nikolay G. Grigoriev                 nick@aanet.ru
   St.Petersburg, Russia                2:5030/580@fidonet