Re: [SQL] primary key view failure - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Ross J. Reedstrom
Subject Re: [SQL] primary key view failure
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Thu, Aug 05, 1999 at 12:29:34PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

> > and a hopefully helpful error message:
> > idas_proto=> \d blah
> > ERROR:  get_ruledef of blah: unknown node type 111 in check_if_rte_used()
>
> That one is still there in current sources.  Will clean it up.
>
> > So, is this fixed in 6.5.1, or is it something that needs backporting from
> > current?
>
> A backport from current may not be too practical, unless someone wants
> to try to identify exactly what's failing in 6.5.*.  I bet it's an array
> issue, but beyond that I'm clueless.

Ah, I was being to hopeful, then. I went to get a look at what the view
had been parsed into, and got an error message pointing at a function,
and hoped that that would cause you to say, 'Ah ha! That's what's
wrong!' Well, at least we found a different (uncorrelated?) bug to
stomp :-|

Ross

NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer