Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL & r-trees - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael A. Koerber
Subject Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL & r-trees
Date
List pgsql-general

> I was looking for a DBMS that supports multidimensional index structures
> like rectangles and points. During my search I found the link to the
> PostgreSQL system.

I have used the 'box' and 'line' objects in the past (ver 6.3 or so).
The use was short lived...to determine if specific satellite ordits
(modeled as straight lines) could cause RF safety zone (boxes)
violations (intersects) if we were to track them.  This application
worked well for the month or so it was needed.  I have done no other
work with these types since then.