Re: [HACKERS] Problems w/ LO - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brandon Palmer
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Problems w/ LO
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>I tried the same thing, except I simply put a loop around the begin/end
>transaction part of testlo.c so that it would create and access many
>large objects in a single backend process.  With today's sources I do
>not see a 'ShmemAlloc: out of memory' error even after several thousand
>iterations.  (But I do not know if this test would have triggered one
>before...)

Was something changed in the LO?  I will take it down again and try
with my data set again (~250M) and let yall know what happens.  I have
solved my problem by taking the transaction out of the program,  so I
think that the error is in there somewhere.  Like I said,  I will try
it and post later with my results...

- Brandon

Smith Computer Lab Administrator,
Case Western Reserve University    bap@scl.cwru.edu    216 - 368 - 5066    http://cwrulug.cwru.edu

PGP Public Key Fingerprint: 1477 2DCF 8A4F CA2C  8B1F 6DFE 3B7C FDFB