Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL Webpage -> PGSQL Advocacy - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL Webpage -> PGSQL Advocacy
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> The web design used was also a quick draft done real quick. I abandonded
> the idea when I saw Dmitry Samersoff's proposal, which I felt was very
> well done.

Perhaps we can have the nice graphic elephant for our main page, and a
drawn elephant for small logos if the graphic elephant does not look
good in small sizes.

> Regarding this, and the adovacy issue,
> I have some thoughts on the subject:
>
> My wish is to set up an postgresql-adovacy group responsible for exposure
> issues, publishing comparisons and benchmarks, web design and document
> consistency (not the documentation itself but rather making sure it's well
> written and consistent to the end user/developer).
> Writing papers on the philosophy around the database, the movement and the
> use of postgresql in different applications.
> Banners, web buttons and merchandise also falls under the responsibility
> of postgresql-advocacy.
> this is not a trivial part of succesful software, and it _definitely_
> shouldn't be ignored (as seems somewhat the case now at times).

Good idea.  Yes we certainly need this.

Pennsylvania19026