Config of pg_password? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Robert Wellinger
Subject Config of pg_password?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Dear

I work under Solaris 2.5.1 with PostgreSQL 4.6.

I can build without problems a new user for my
database. But don't define a password. When I
execute the pg_password then I can give a password.
But Postgres don't check it! When i loggin to the
Database  "psql -u test" and don't giva a password.
psql loggin in the database!!

The point is, that I like to connect with PostgreSQL ODBC from Windows
NT (NT4.0 sp3). Then come the
Error Message that ODBC can't connect, the password
is wrong. But I'm sure that I give the correctly password. Now, I
don't now, whats happen!

Danks for your ansers!

CHeres
Robert