Re: [ADMIN] Running Postgres on a HP-Ux 10.10 System - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Reiner Nippes
Subject Re: [ADMIN] Running Postgres on a HP-Ux 10.10 System
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi Maarten,

> Hi,
>
> I don't know about the crashes, but try using 'SELECT'
> instead of 'SALACT' (where the hell did you get *that*
> from??).

Well. I never tried SALACT. I wanted to express that if one would
do so the backend would die abnormally on the HP-Ux system.
(On a Linux system I do not see this behaviour.)

If you want a more real life example: The int2 regression test
creates also two SQL errors. Once it tries to insert something like
'abfdgd' into an in2 field. Since the int2 test tries twice to "fool" the
database the backend dies abnormally. For this reason I cannot
get any result from the regression test and I do not know if I can
rely on my Postgres Installation.

Kind regards,
Reiner Nippes

UMS GmbH, Ulm - Germany