Re: [ADMIN] configuring pg_hba.conf... - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: [ADMIN] configuring pg_hba.conf...
Date
List pgsql-admin
Postgres GOD wrote:
  >> Use lines such as
  >>
  >>   local        all                password
  >>   host        192.137.23    255.255.255.0    crypt
  >>
  >> in /etc/postgresql/pg_hba.conf; then you can use
  >>
  >>    CREATE USER user WITH PASSWORD password...
  >>

  >thanks for your help. i followed your instructions but can't still connect
  >to my database. btw, i'm using 6.3.2 version. i copied exactly the two
  >lines you've mentioned above in my pg_hba.conf and i even tried modifying
  >using my server's ip but still user authentication failed.
  >
  >what should be the problem with this?

Have you restarted the postmaster after editing pg_hba.conf?
Have you created a password for yourself before trying to connect
using password authentication?

     "Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me
      from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions; and
      my sin is ever before me. Against thee, thee only,
      have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight..."
                                   Psalms 51:2-4