Re: [INTERFACES] interface to MSsql server - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Antonio Mendez
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] interface to MSsql server
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
OK,

    There may be some confusion here.    PostgreSQL is an SQL server.
    There
    are, additionally, several interfaces included in the PostgreSQL
    package
    which client applications on various platforms and languages need
    communicate to the PostgreSQL.   One of these interfaces is the
    ODBC
    driver library.   This interface like all the other included
    interfaces,
    is written to ONLY communicate to the PostgreSQL server.

I know it, but I'm searching a client which will must to connect with
Microsoft SQL server 6.5, the client is linux box. The interface to use
is OBDC.
Is unavoidable the use of the data base MS-SQL  server :(
There is a application for to do it??????

Best regard,

Antonio Mendez A.
email: antonio@unbol.bo