Re: PostgreSQL 6.4.2 build problems on Linux/Alpha - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 6.4.2 build problems on Linux/Alpha
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Sorry, I don't know the answer to this, so I am copying this to the
PostgreSQL Hackers list: can anyone help, please?

Daniel Lundin wrote: > >Hi Oliver, > >I've run into trouble when building PostgreSQL 6.4.2 from the source >debian
packageyou've created (postgresql_6.4.2-1.dsc). >I managed to get it compiled, but when running initdb it freezes after
a>while and bails out with a 'FATAL: s_lock(202ba370) at spin.c:114, stuck >spinlock. Aborting.' error message. > >I
sawsomsone posting about a smiliar problem on the postgresql mailing >list archive, but quite some while ago. Do you
haveany idea what to do >and if there are any patches/workarounds for this (or if it's a known >user-fault, me that
is).> >Machine config: >hardware: Samsung AlphaPC 164LX  21164 based hardware >   uname: Linux gollum 2.2.0-pre4 #3
alphaunknown >  system: Debian GNU/Linux 2.1 >compiler: egcs-2.91.60 >          ld 2.9.1 >           >Regards, >Daniel
                                         \/      >  Daniel Lundin  >  MediaCenter, UNIX and BeOS Developer  >
http://www.umc.se/~daniel/>

Isle of Wight                              http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver              PGP key from public servers; key
ID32B8FAA1                ========================================    "Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take
heed     lest he fall."            I Corinthians 10:12