Port Bug Report: psql coredumps while importing polygons with large amount of points - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From Unprivileged user
Subject Port Bug Report: psql coredumps while importing polygons with large amount of points
Date
List pgsql-ports
                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name        : Mario Basa
Your email address    : mbasa@tcg.co.jp

Category        : unknown
Severity        : non-critical

System Configuration
--------------------
  Operating System   : RedHat 5.2

  PostgreSQL version : 6.3.2-4

  Compiler used      :

Hardware:
---------
Linux casa.tcg.co.jp 2.0.34 #1 Fri May 8 16:05:57 EDT 1998 i586 unknown
64Meg - RAM

Versions of other tools:
------------------------

Problem Description:
--------------------
query line ignored
(21.3418,61.9631))'::polygon);
PQexec() -- query is too long.  Maximum length is 8191
query buffer max length of 20000 exceeded
query line ignored
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Test Case:
I always get a core dump whenever I try to import a polygon
with large number of points. Polygons with smaller amount of
points have no problems whatsoever though. I get the same
core dump also in solaris-X86 and solaris-sparc. I can send my
import.sql file if needed. thanks.

Solution:
---------