Re: [DOCS] TODO list - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [DOCS] TODO list
Date
List pgsql-docs
> > > Can you start using CVS for web content? I don't want to step on any
> > > of your edits!
>
> If it's ok, I'd like to get the ToDo and release notes content into
> sgml, and then have html generated automatically for the web site. Will
> look at setting up my cvs checkout tree to generate new docs and allow
> others (like Bruce) to do so on demand.

I thought the release notes were already sgml.  The TODO list is quite
fluid, and I can't really see how sgml'ing it is going to get us
anything.  I can already generate decent html automatically, and a quick
search/release or sed could convert those html tags to sgml, no?

I maintain it as an ASCII file, and having tags on every item is going
to be a pain.

> No point in putting these things into cvs in two places; we have this
> content in sgml for previous releases already...

I don't see the TODO list in sgml anywhere.

What I could do is to keep maintaining it in ASCII, and generate html
and sgml from that ASCII file.  If you can mark up the todo list in
sgml, I will map the html tags to sgml, and auto-convert to html and
sgml when I change the file.

Pennsylvania19026