Re: nondeterministic collations and statistics and pattern matching - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: nondeterministic collations and statistics and pattern matching
Date
List pgsql-docs
PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org> writes:
> If exists statistic with nondeteministic collation inherited from column
> collation then using pattern matching with collation will give an error.

Yeah, that's a known problem we fixed months ago.

> There is no information about it. ((

Other than the 12.4 release note entry, you mean?

> I have seen this thread
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAAFmbbOvfi%3DwMM%3D3qRsPunBSLb8BFREno2oOzSBS%3DmzfLPKABw%40mail.gmail.com
> But I can't apply this patch for some reasons.

What is your point exactly?  You think the documentation should
describe your unspecified reasons for not updating to 12.4?
I'm afraid I'm not a telepath.

            regards, tom lane