Re: [GENERAL] Found solution to reloading dumped 6.1 -> 6.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Found solution to reloading dumped 6.1 -> 6.4
Date
List pgsql-general
> The 6.1 db.out has a line in it that looks like this;
>
> CREATE TABLE categories (category varchar(30)) archive = none;
>
> If I remove the " archive = none"  bit, then all works ok.  Excellent.

Yes.  Archive has been a noise word since Berkeley, and I removed the
code to handle it several releases ago.  However, I left the parse code
so it was still ignored.

In 6.4 development process, someone saw the archive, knew the code to
support it was goine, and removed the parse code, not considering the
old dumps would have it.

Glad you could remove it easily.