Re: [HACKERS] BETA1 Snapshot built... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: [HACKERS] BETA1 Snapshot built...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>On Mon, 14 Sep 1998, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:
>
>> > Well, as of 00:40EST, there is a BETA1 available at
>> > ftp.postgresql.org:/pub/postgresql.v6.4-BETA1.tar.gz ...
>> > I'll remove (README-1ST)...
>>
>> Thanks Marc. So, for this release the drill is the same: it would be
>> great to have as many platforms as possible regression tested as early
>> as possible now that the beta1 is available.
>
>    Yup...I'm going to spend some time here getting things working
>also, which gives me Sparc/2.5.1, Sparc/2.6 and x86/2.6..

I have sucessfully run regression tests of BETA1 on following
platforms:

OS        Processor
-------------------------------------
MkLinux DR3    PPC750

Linux 2.1.24    PPC603e (*)

FreeBSD 2.2.6    Pentium Pro 200MHz
* Running the regression test on 2.1.103 kernel crashes the system. I
heard that this is due to a known bug of the kernel with the Unix
domain socket. I'm not sure about 2.1.11x kernels.

BTW, I see the 6.4 frontend cannot connect to the 6.3.2 backend. I
assume this is normal.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
t-ishii@sra.co.jp