Re: [HACKERS] initdb problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] initdb problem
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I think this padding works by adding bytes to the previous field so that
> when the current field is written is is on the right boundary.
>
> Does this make sense, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

You are correct.  I just don't know what the alignment issues are of
double vs. int for our various character types.

This is more of an academic question, because your Sparc problem is
probably not that, but something else that I can reproduce now.