Re: [HACKERS] getopts include? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: [HACKERS] getopts include?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 26, 1998 at 04:40:15PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> I've now got the psql program working on Win32 too (I think - I haven't
> tested all that much, but it connects and runs easy queries).

Sounds great.

> In order to do this, I had to include getopt.c and getopt.h, since those do
> not exist on Win32. Is it Ok to include these files in the general
> distribution? (the version I have is GPL:ed, there might exist others? I
> seem to recall some discussion about GPLed things included?)

Using GPLed parts is a problem. AFAIK it forces you to put the whole program
under GPL. Not exactly what we want.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes            meskes@online-club.de, meskes@debian.org
Go SF49ers! Go Rhein Fire!    Use Debian GNU/Linux!