Re: [GENERAL] :) Import file2table Question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: [GENERAL] :) Import file2table Question
Date
List pgsql-general
Korapat Charukumnerdkanok wrote:
  >1    -How can I import a text file into Postgres table ?
  >     (append to the last row)
  >
  >    -What is the format of that text file ?
  >
  >This is what I've done and its result....
  >
  >ProjDB=> copy PrjTB from /prj_data/test.txt using delimiters ,
  >ProjDB-> ;
  >ERROR:  parser: syntax error at or near "/"

COPY ? Copies data between files and tables.

   COPY [BINARY] table [WITH OIDS]
         TO|FROM 'filename'|stdin|stdout
         [USING DELIMITERS 'delimiter']

Therefore:

 copy PrjTB from '/prj_data/test.txt' using delimiters ',';

I don't know the answer to your second question.

     "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall
      find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you."
                                  Matthew 7:7