Re: [HACKERS] Postmaster not starting - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Postmaster not starting
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> I added '-D /usr/local/pgsql/data' my first time I ever know.  It worked!
> But this means that the environment variables (PGDATA) are ignored.  The
> version I took was from 5:30am GMT (after Bruce's commit's to
> postmaster.c).

Still, the problem was that the exec() with three args fix was broken
because it was exec'ing postgres, not postmaster.  Fixed now.  It worked
because your addition of -D dir added the needed three args.

It will work properly now.