Re: [HACKERS] Money type display - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Martin
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Money type display
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I wonder if I didn't make a mistake in the money type.  As a C library
> function it made sense to add the "$" to the display because it was
> easy to add one to the return value if it wasn't required.  I'm finding
> it to be a bit of a problem with my Python interface.  I was just
> going to strip it in my module but I thought I would see if others
> felt that it should simply be dropped from the PostgreSQL output.

Remove it! Those of us who aren't American/Canadian/Australian don't want
a dollar sign for money anyway :-)

Andrew

Dr. Andrew C.R. Martin                             University College London
EMAIL: (Work) martin@biochem.ucl.ac.uk    (Home) andrew@stagleys.demon.co.uk
Tel:   (Work) +44(0)171 419 3890                    (Home) +44(0)1372 275775