Re: [HACKERS] MergeJoin and Mark/Restr scan positions (Re: [PORTS] Port Bug Report) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] MergeJoin and Mark/Restr scan positions (Re: [PORTS] Port Bug Report)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> BTW, elog(FATAL) from vacuum and btree were reported by 2-3
> another ppl - shouldn't we ask users to re-compile server with
> CASSERT in all "FATAL" cases ?
> CASSERT assisted me very much to find real sources of this problem
> and recently fixed vacuum bug.

I am a little confused on when we should have them use this.  In most
cases, turning on CASSERT doesn't help.  Should we suggest it in certain
cases as we see it applies, or is there a rule we can give them to tell
them when to try it?