Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] 'pgsql/src/bin/initdb initdb.sh' - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] 'pgsql/src/bin/initdb initdb.sh'
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> > >     Ppl are taking me a slight bit too literally :(  "Works for
> > > me"...I like the idea...not necessarily implemented it though :)
> >
> >     I already have the pg_shadow + pg_user-view diff ready. Works
> >     really! Must run a regression test and send it after that
> >     succeeded. It updates createuser, destroyuser and initdb too.
>
> Great news.  Go for it.  Please back out the psql db_ changes and any
> initdb stuff we don't need anymore.

Again, this is very good.  I had not thought of making pg_user a
different name, but that is the perfect solution.  Here is a case where
many heads get a nice solution.  PostgreSQL is full of those areas where
people get good ideas for certain areas, and the whole project gets
better.