[HACKERS] Platform status - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Frank Ridderbusch
Subject [HACKERS] Platform status
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thomas G. Lockhart writes:
 > Here is my current list of supported platforms. The outstanding issues
 > are:
 >
 > aix/3.5 - anyone able to test? Success on aix4.x good enough??
 > hpux/9.0.x - anyone testing? there are installation differences with
 > hpux10.20. Supported?
 > irix5 - is irix6 testing enough? Should we just say irix is supported?
 > dec/alpha - any progress? Someone able to help on the inlining assembler
 > problems?
 > linux/alpha - any progress?
 > mklinux/ppc - still core dumping on regression tests? why??
 > sco - anyone able to test? If not, moving to unsupported list :(
 > svr4 - anyone able to test? If not, ...
   ^^^^

I tried with last Sundays snapshot (I think). I got it to compile,
with some minor fixes necessary. However I was yet unable to run the
regression tests yet. It appears, I already have problems during the
initdb stage. I'm going to write a more detailed report next morning (my
local time).

 > ultrix4 - any users anymore? If not, ...
 > nextstep - moving to unsupported list unless someone claims v6.3
 > success.

One major problem is, that I can't connect with psql to the postmaster
via the UNIX domain socket. Judging from netstat (below) output the
postmaster is listening ok.

$ netstat -f unix
Active UNIX domain sockets
Address  Type          Vnode     Conn Addr
805c6f9c stream         2204        0 /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432

Are there any SOLARIS specific ifdefs in the UNIX domain socket stuff?
If there are, I think it could very well be, that they also apply for
SVR4.
--
MfG/Regards
                     Siemens Nixdorf Informationssysteme AG

Since I have taken all the Gates out of my computer, it finally works!!