RE: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] 'pgsql/src/template linux-elf' - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Martin
Subject RE: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] 'pgsql/src/template linux-elf'
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Andrew, could you put a new entry into the Linux FAQ suggesting that
>
>   CFLAGS+= -m486
>
> or (for the new compilers that most people are not yet running)
>
>   CFLAGS+= -mpentium
> or
>   CFLAGS+= -mpentiumpro
>
> be added to Makefile.custom? Otherwise people are going to get 386 code generation
> for most installations...
>
>                                                        - Tom

I've done this, but I guess it's not really Linux specific as I presume it
applies to BSD as well...

Andrew

Dr. Andrew C.R. Martin                             University College London
EMAIL: (Work) martin@biochem.ucl.ac.uk    (Home) andrew@stagleys.demon.co.uk
Tel:   (Work) +44(0)171 419 3890                    (Home) +44(0)1372 275775