Re: [HACKERS] Re: [PORTS] v6.3 release ToDo list and supported ports - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom I Helbekkmo
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: [PORTS] v6.3 release ToDo list and supported ports
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 13, 1998 at 12:31:32PM -0800, Henry B. Hotz wrote:

> Tom Helbekkmo reports that Postgres works just fine on NetBSD/sparc
> (though you should check he's tried a recient version there), and I
> feel fairly confident of NetBSD/i386 in view of the FreeBSD contengent.

I rebuild everything under NetBSD/sparc and NetBSD/vax at least twice
per week, and will try to increase the rebuild rate as the release
draws near.  If I can just get around to replacing the power supply in
my old i386 box, I can do the same for NetBSD/i386.

However: reading regression test output is a royal pain.  We're
talking almost 100 kilobytes of 'diff' output per platform, most of
which is last digit differences in floating point numbers and slightly
different wording of (expected) error messages.  I cannot guarantee
that I don't miss actual problems in there that mean something
relevant.  So far things look pretty good, though.

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"