Re: [HACKERS] rule system, perl and other good stuff - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brett McCormick
Subject Re: [HACKERS] rule system, perl and other good stuff
Date
List pgsql-hackers
okay... yes it can co-exist with CREATE LANGUAGE as long as it is
coded into the server like fmgr_dynamic is.  it will not function as a
CREATE LANGUAGE function.  this is because all that this functionality
appears to do is associate a single function with a language.  but it
does not pass the prosrc attribute (or probin for that matter) to the
function, so no matter what you say for as 'insert code here', it
never gets to the function, so the function has no idea what to do!

I must be missing something.