Re: [HACKERS] Re: [QUESTIONS] MySQL benchmark page - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: [QUESTIONS] MySQL benchmark page
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > This is correct.  Vacuum is fast, vacuum analyze is pretty slow.  We
> > could separate them, I guess, and that would eliminate the write-lock
> > and be only a readlock.
>
>     Possible to slip it in for v6.3?  Would make it so that an analyze
> could be done nightly, to keep statistics up, and then a vacuum once a
> week or so just for garbage collection...?

When I added analyze, I did not understand the issues, so I was able to
work from Vadim's code in vacuum.  I put it on the TODO list.  Don't
know if it can make 6.3.  I am working on cleaning up the cacheoffset
code right now.

--
Bruce Momjian
maillist@candle.pha.pa.us