Re: [HACKERS] (: JDBC+(Sun ~3:pm MST) CVS :) -also question about regression tests - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Martin
Subject Re: [HACKERS] (: JDBC+(Sun ~3:pm MST) CVS :) -also question about regression tests
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> > >     Geez, about the time I gave up on Linux and converted to *BSD
> > > *grin*
> > >
> > No wonder you're so anti-Linux if you stopped using it in '92. I started with
> > 0.99pl13 in November '93. It must have been around v0.2 in '92 and of course
> > it wasn't stable then....
>
>     Checking now...oops, you are right:
>
>    Record created on 03-Jun-93.

Still can't have been much beyond 0.8

At last I understand why Marc is anti-Linux :-)

>     That was when we created the DNS record for my first company,
> which ran 2/3rds on Linux...so whatever version existed back there.
>
>     In Linux's favor here, though...even at that point, if you ran
> Linux on a *non-networked* system (ie. we had some dialup lines into it,
> but not networking)...that thing ran pretty much rock-solid.  It wasn't
> until we actually put some load on her that she wouldn't run for more then
> a day or so at a time...

FAINTS....... :-)

Andrew

Dr. Andrew C.R. Martin                             University College London
EMAIL: (Work) martin@biochem.ucl.ac.uk    (Home) andrew@stagleys.demon.co.uk
Tel:   (Work) +44(0)171 419 3890                    (Home) +44(0)1372 275775