Re: pgsql: Add basic TAP tests for psql's tab-completion logic. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Add basic TAP tests for psql's tab-completion logic.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> writes:
> Re: Tom Lane 2020-01-06 <3764.1578323719@sss.pgh.pa.us>
>>> Does not work on Ubuntu bionic, xenial. (Others not tested.)

>> Hmm ... do we care?  The test output seems to show that xenial's
>> 3.1-20150325-1ubuntu2 libedit is completely broken.  Maybe there's
>> a way to work around that, but it's not clear to me that that'd
>> be a useful expenditure of time.  You're not really going to be
>> building PG13 for that release are you?

> xenial (16.04) is a LTS release with support until 2021-04, and the
> current plan was to support it. I now realize that's semi-close to the
> 13 release date, but so far we have tried to really support all
> PG-Distro combinations.

I installed libedit_3.1-20150325.orig.tar.gz from source here, and it
passes our current regression test and seems to behave just fine in
light manual testing.  (I did not apply any of the Debian-specific
patches at [1], but they don't look like they'd explain much.)
So I'm a bit at a loss as to what's going wrong for you.  Is the test
environment for Xenial the same as for the other branches?

            regards, tom lane

[1] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libedit/3.1-20150325-1ubuntu2