Re: Unanswered questions about Postgre - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Unanswered questions about Postgre
Date
List pgsql-general
> What I think we _really_ need is a large object interface to TOAST data.

Large-object-like, anyway.  I dunno if we want to expose TOAST-value
OIDs or not.  But yes, we need to be able to read and write sections
of a large TOASTed data value.

> This an obvious way to load files in/out of TOAST columns, and I am not
> sure why it has not been done yet.

Because Jan said he'd deal with it, and then he's been distracted by
moving and visa problems and so forth.  But I expect he'll get it done
for 7.2 ...

            regards, tom lane