PostgresSQL Beta 5 Install Problem on Windows Server 2003 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gary Winslow
Subject PostgresSQL Beta 5 Install Problem on Windows Server 2003
Date
List pgsql-general
The following occured during the installation of Beta-5 on Windows 2003 Standard Server.

After clicking 'Finish' and files copying...

"Failed to connect to the database. Procedural languages files are installed, but are not
activated in any databases" <ok>

"server closed the connection unexpectedly.  This probably means the server terminated
abnormally before or while processing the request." <ok>

"Failed to connect to the database. Contrib files are installed, but are not activated in
any databases." <ok>

"server closed the connection unexpectedly.  This probably means the server terminated
abnormally before or while processing the request." <ok>

I have tried the searching mailing lists and archives, but no solutions found.   Perhaps I missed it?

Can anyone help?

Gary