Re: pg_ls_tmpdir to show directories and shared filesets (and pg_ls_*) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_ls_tmpdir to show directories and shared filesets (and pg_ls_*)
Date
Re: pg_ls_tmpdir to show directories and shared filesets (and pg_ls_*)  (Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> * Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
>> I took a quick look through this.  This is just MHO, of course:
>>
>> * I don't think it's okay to change the existing signatures of
>> pg_ls_logdir() et al.

> I disagree that we need to stress over this- we pretty routinely change
> the signature of various catalogs and functions and anyone using these
> is already of the understanding that we are free to make such changes
> between major versions.

Well, like I said, just MHO.  Anybody else want to weigh in?

I'm mostly concerned about removing the isdir output of pg_stat_file().
Maybe we could compromise to the extent of keeping that, allowing it
to be partially duplicative of a file-type-code output column.