Re: Postgres Replaying WAL slowly - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Postgres Replaying WAL slowly
Date
List pgsql-performance
> On 2014-07-01 15:20:37 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> It seems like there are three, not mutually exclusive, ways we might
>> address this:

> But I think more importantly it's probably quite possible to hit a
> similar problem without ON COMMIT DROP relations. Say DISCARD TEMP
> inside a transaction (with several subxacts) or so? So we probaly really
> should fix the bad scaling.

Well, my thought was that these approaches would address somewhat
different sets of use-cases, and we might well want to do more than one.
Even if StandbyReleaseLocks were zero-cost, not emitting the WAL in the
first place is surely considerably cheaper yet.

            regards, tom lane